Il 5°Clone

[Fumetto] The Order of The stick e la 4^Ed.

Lo spazio per discutere dell'arte fantasy, proporre i propri disegni, mappe e altro materiale grafico.

Moderatori: Webmaster, Moderatori, Mod in prova

[Fumetto] The Order of The stick e la 4^Ed.

Messaggioda Yggdrasil » mer mag 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Stando alle parole dell'autore, no ci sarà una conversione specifica dei personaggi da 3.5 a 4, ma si manterrà una ibridizzazione in cui entrambi i regolamenti vengono utiltizzati umoristicamente, senza una vera logica... questo perchè c'è una preferenza a seguire la storia, e le nuove regole sono troppo fondamentalmente diverse per un adattamento rapido.

"5/20/2008

Those of you not currently involved in playing Dungeons & Dragons may or may not be aware that Wizards of the Coast is set to release a new version of the rules�the �Fourth Edition� rules�in less than a month. If the details of such things are of little interest to you, feel free to skip reading this overly verbose news post. You won�t miss much.

Ever since the announcement was made last August, I have gotten roughly 1.3 billion emails asking about whether The Order of the Stick will �convert� to the new system. It is a question I have deliberately avoided answering, much to the consternation of those who like to ask such questions. I will be answering it now: No.

But not in the way you might think. I�m not making some ideological stand about how the current 3.5 Edition is superior or any such thing. I�m simply saying that there will not be a conscious and visible change in the comic strip, wherein the characters convert to a new set of rules as they did in the very first strip. There are many reasons for this, not the least of which is that the purpose of the comic has shifted away from its original goal of simply poking fun at a game to an actual story, and it is that story on which I would like to focus.

Equally important is the fact that the new edition departs radically from prior versions of the game in terms of what classes and races are initially described. Whether or not this is good for the game isn�t really my concern; I�m more interested in the fact that converting would introduce dozens of unnecessary changes in my story. At the very least, I would need to devote many strips to showing off the ways that characters have been changed by the new rules, strips I would rather devote to advancing the story. This sort of thing isn�t as crucial a problem for a gaming group considering the new game, but when switching would force several of my main characters to significantly change their powers and abilities�and some wouldn�t even have their new abilities defined yet for at least another year!�it becomes less palatable. Again, though, to be crystal clear: This is not a condemnation of the new rules by me. I have not read them yet, having failed to get my hands on an advance copy some time ago. They may well be the finest fantasy roleplaying rules ever written. I wouldn�t know. What I DO know is that they are not suited to my needs as a storyteller at this time.

However, this does NOT mean that I will stop making jokes about the fact that the characters exist within a world that operates like a roleplaying game. Nor will I limit myself to either jokes about 3.5 Edition or 4th Edition. I�ll go where the humor takes me, and if that happens to create gross inconsistencies, then so be it. As an added benefit, I expect it will drive the fans who try to figure out exactly what is occurring in each strip from a strict D&D rules perspective absolutely nuts. If it really bothers anyone, simply imagine that the OOTS world follows someone�s homebrewed hybridization of 3.5 and 4th Editions, using bits and pieces from whichever ruleset they think works better.

Ultimately, as I alluded to in my first paragraph, many (maybe even most) of my readers are not actively involved in playing the current D&D game. Many were players of older editions in their youth who simply enjoy following a story that reminds them of their own past experiences. Others have no interest in roleplaying at all, and just like reading a comedic fantasy comic. My job as an author is not to reflect the current trends, but to deliver the most entertaining story, and I feel I can best do that by continuing on as I have been. Besides, the difference between those playing one version of the rules and another is not really that important in the final analysis. We all either play the same game, or at least appreciate it, and it is to that sense of unity between those who enjoy the hobby (and the genre that it inhabits) that I hope The Order of the Stick will continue to speak."
http://www.giantitp.com/index.html
Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn´t there.
He wasn´t there again today
I wish that man would go away.
Yggdrasil
Eroe
Eroe

Messaggioda MaxFactorST » mer mag 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Qualcuno mi spiega perché hanno smesso le traduzioni?
MaxFactorST
Eroe Incauto
Eroe Incauto

Messaggioda Yggdrasil » mer mag 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Chiedilo al traduttore ;)
Yesterday upon the stair
Yggdrasil
Eroe
Eroe

Messaggioda Grankel » mer mag 21, 2008 5:27 pm

uffa! volevo la vignetta comica come dal passaggio della 3.0 alla 3.5!!!
Il Signore dei Discepoli della Carnazza´s Tower
Immagine
Ogni mia osservazione è SEMPRE IMHO!

"L'ascia lascia la scia di SANGUE!"
Grankel
Eroe
Eroe

Messaggioda Yggdrasil » mer mag 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Era oggettivamente difficile pensa solo a quanti Personaggi non possono ancora essere convertiti. Elan è un Bardo. Balkar è un ranger, ma anche un Barbaro. Il Lich Xykon è uno stregone.
Yesterday upon the stair
Yggdrasil
Eroe
Eroe

Messaggioda MaxFactorST » mer mag 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Yggdrasil ha scritto:Chiedilo al traduttore ;)

Speravo che qualcuno avesse notizie...
MaxFactorST
Eroe Incauto
Eroe Incauto

Messaggioda Dees » mer mag 21, 2008 6:37 pm

No, mi spiace. Le traduzioni autorizzate da Burlew erano solo quelle sl suo sito, e sono finite presto.

Posso supporre che abbia accordi per una traduzione con un editore, ma sono solo supposizioni...
Hai scritto un racconto fantasy e lo vuoi pubblicare nel nostro Angolo del Bardo? Vuoi tradurre materiale di D&D? Contattami!
Dees
Ex Admin
Ex Admin

Torna a Illustrazioni e disegni